Under the education theme, Trustees will consider proposals:
- Foundations for learning - improving understanding about language, learning and development in early childhood (from birth to around eight years of age) addressing where possible the implications for policy and practice.
- Secondary education transitions: addressing issues relating to transitions, progression and pathways into, through and out of secondary education.
- Student parents and women’s education: examining how opportunities for parents, particularly women, to access, progress through and complete further and higher education might be improved.
Within the areas above, Trustees will consider:
- proposals involving cross-country comparisons between the UK and Europe, or other appropriate cross-national comparisons are of particular interest;
- proposals related to objective reviews of government policy or practice are also of interest, as such work properly makes use of the independence of an endowed Foundation.