We are committed to improving education opportunities and outcomes for all. We have supported innovative research and development in education for over 60 years.
We consider applications for education and research grants in the following areas:
- Primary education - see priorities for funding
- Science education - see priorities for funding
- Mathematics education - see priorities for funding
- Secondary education transitions - see priorities for funding
In addition to our existing funding priorities, we are calling for applications that examine:
- Significant structural shifts in British society – demography, social geography, family structures, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, mental health, disability and other vulnerability.
- The impact of technology on social and economic outcomes, on skills necessary for the modern labour market, and on the wider issue of social relationships and personal identity in a data-driven economy and digital culture.
- The relationship between trust in data, evidence and institutional authority, and popular values and beliefs.
- The balance between the protection of individuals and personal responsibility in fostering individual and collective well-being in civic society.
- Inequalities within and between different generations.
Interested in applying?
For information about submitting an application see our how to apply page.