Parenting and contact before and after separation
This project uses data from the Millennium Cohort Study (MCS) to examine parenting and contact before and after separation.
The researchers consider two questions: 1) What are the links between fathers' parenting before separation and contact after separation? and 2) Is the parenting competence of mothers affected by separation, and if so, does it recover?
Findings are presented in a report, Parenting and contact before and after separation, and discussed in the video and podcasts below.
CASE working papers
- The Realities of Relocation: Disputes of Post-Separation Migration
- Enforcing contact orders: cases, courts and consequences
- The importance of parental beliefs in parental investment decisions
- Transparency and privacy in family courts
- Feasibility study for research into improving children's social services
- Finding Fault? Divorce Law in practice in England and Wales
- The health effects of early interventions: evidence from Sure Start