Directory of organisations funding women in education
We have compiled a list of organisations giving funds only to women in education and training. All the organisations listed have given their consent to be part of the directory and enquiries should be directed to the individual organisations. The directory is not exhaustive.
The list below contains links to websites that can offer support and advice to students on a number of issues including childcare and disability.
- Student Finance England
- Student Finance Wales
- Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
- Student Finance Northern Ireland
- General Social Care Council (GSCC) – Information about social work bursaries. Site gives contact details for the care councils in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Advice for Students
- Learndirect: Provides advice about courses and funding in the UK.
- National Union of Students (NUS): Student membership association.
Children and Childcare
- studentparents.org – information and advice for students who are also parents. Funded by the Nuffield Foundation.
- Childcare finder on Directgov
- Child Poverty Action Group: Campaigns for the abolition of poverty among children and young people in the UK and for the improvement of the lives of low-income families.<Daycare Trust: National childcare campaign.
- Gingerbread: Support organisation for lone parents and their children throughout England and Wales.
- National Childminding Association (NCMA): Promotes quality home-based childcare.
- National Children’s Bureau: Promotes the voices, interests and well-being of all children and young people across every aspect of their lives.
- National Day Nurseries’ Association (NDNA): A national charity aiming to enhance the development and education of children in their early years, through the provision of support services to members.
- Family Lives (formerly Parentline Plus): Works to offer help and support through an innovative range of free, flexible, responsive services – shaped by parents for parents.Pre-school Learnin
- Alliance: Supports the work of community pre-schools.
- One Parent Families Scotland: Works to ensure that all families have the support, information and confidence needed to play a full part in Scotland’s economic and social life.DisabilityCarers UK: Supports carers.
- Contact a Family: Supports families with disabled children.
- Dial UK: A network of Disability Information and Advice Line services (DIALs) run by and for disabled people.
- Disability Alliance: Site provides regularly updated information about benefits, tax credits and community care as well as disability related campaigns and parliamentary news.
- Family Fund: champions an inclusive society where families with disabled or seriously ill children have choices and the opportunity to enjoy family life.
- MENCAP: Organisation working with people with a learning disability and their families and carers.
- MIND: Mental health charity, England and Wales.
- National Autistic Society: Champions the rights and interests of all people with autism and Asperger Syndrome to ensure that they and their families receive quality services appropriate to their needs.
- Carers Trust: Largest provider of comprehensive carers’ support services in the UK. Often refer individuals to Turn2Us run by Elizabeth Finn Care and to the Directory of Social Change’s Grants for Individuals in Need to search for wider funding support
- Scope: Advice and support for people with cerebral palsy, their families and carers.
Refugee and Asylum Seekers