How to apply
Nuffield Research Placements (previously Nuffield Science Bursaries) are administered regionally throughout the UK. If you have any questions about taking part, you should contact your local Nuffield Coordinator for further information about the scheme in your area.
To apply, students will have to provide the following:
- Personal information (contact details, special requirements etc)
- Educational information (school, qualifications achieved and qualifications currently studying, preferred subject area for placement)
- A personal statement outlining why they want to do a Nuffield Research Placement
- Details about any other outside interests
- A Full Bursary application (if applicable)
When starting an application the student is asked to specify which region their school is based in. It is important for students to check which region they come under as each has a different application deadline. It is advisable to check with the relevant coordinator if the student is in any doubt as to which region they come under, before any of the deadlines fall.
As part of the application process, the student will nominate a teacher from their school to provide a reference in support of their application. The student's parent or guardian will also have to sign a consent form and provide some additional information if the student has applied for a Full Bursary.
We strongly recommend that students read through the application guidance before registering online. A well-prepared application and supporting statement will greatly improve your chances of being selected for a placement.
If you have any questions, contact your local coordinator