P5 Electric circuits
Notes on the pilot course module
Electricity is a phenomenon known directly only by its effects. As the title suggest, the emphasis in this module is on modelling causes. Students will explore:
- electric current as a flow of charge
- what determines the size of the current in an electric circuit
- how parallel and series circuits work
- how mains electricity is produced
- how electrical energy is measured and priced.
Along the way, students will encounter concepts of voltage, resistance, electromagnetic induction, power, and efficiency.