The SPACE project was collaborative research undertaken by academics and teachers. Its aim was to understand the development of children's scientific ideas.
The SPACE Project Research Reports were published between 1989 and 1998 to present the results of this enquiry into the ideas which children form about scientific concepts and processes.
- Introduction and summary of previous research - SPACE Light part 1 (PDF)
- Methodology and Pre-intervention elicitation work - SPACE Light part 2 (PDF)
- Children's ideas, and Intervention phase (first part) - SPACE Light part 3 (PDF)
- Intervention phase continued, and Commentary - SPACE Light part 4 (PDF)
- Changes in individual children, and Appendices - SPACE Light part 5 (PDF)