The SPACE project was collaborative research undertaken by academics and teachers. Its aim was to understand the development of children's scientific ideas.
The SPACE Project Research Reports were published between 1989 and 1998 to present the results of this enquiry into the ideas which children form about scientific concepts and processes.
- Introduction, methodology, pre-intervention activities - SPACE Growth: intro and Chs 1&2 (PDF)
- Children's ideas - SPACE Growth Ch 3 (PDF)
- Responses to individual interviews - SPACE Growth Ch 4 (PDF)
- Intervention, outcomes of intervention, and summary - SPACE Growth Chs 5 & 6 & 7 (PDF)
- Bibliography and Appendix - SPACE Growth Biblio & Appendix (PDF)