Best Practice Guide on Asylum and Human Rights Appeals
Following the comprehensive update of the Best Practice Guide on Asylum and Human Rights Appeals (BPG) from the 2009 electronic edition completed in 2012, 2014 will see the Best Practice Guide comprehensively revised and updated in light of anticipated significant changes to the jurisdictional and procedural framework for asylum and human rights appeals in the First-tier Tribunal.
In light of these developments, the 2014 comprehensive update of the Best Practice Guide will ensure that it continues to be a useful resource for all those seeking advice about the preparation and presentation of asylum and human rights appeals in the First-tier Tribunal, particularly in light of the cuts to funding of representation.
In addition, the 2014 update will include a thorough review of all case citations in the Best Practice Guide, ensuring all cases mentioned in the Best Practice Guide have full and correct citations, and making sure all are linked to the original case whenever possible.
- Women's Asylum Appeals Project (WAAP)
- The impact of Litigants in Person on the Northern Ireland court system
- The Right to a Fair Trial under International Law
- The Rights Track
- Beyond 2015: Shaping the future of equality and human rights
- National human rights institutions and access to justice
- A victim's right to truth and the ICC